A letter from Founder and CEO, Richard W. Wagner, Ph.D.:
Our VisionX-Chem, Inc. is a privately held biotechnology company based in Waltham, Massachusetts, established in 2009 to apply its innovative drug discovery capabilities to the generation of novel small molecule therapeutics.
Our GoalWe aspire to increase the number of "shots on goal" per target. Our chemical strategy can be applied broadly to both challenging and other targets in any therapeutic area.
Our TeamWe have built a strong team of leading experts with proven track records in innovative drug discovery and biotechnology partnering.
Competitive AdvantageOur discovery platform capitalizes on multiple proprietary innovations in library design, screening methodology, and informatics that underlie its exceptional performance.
- Large and diverse, novel chemical library
- Unique informatics tools show clear direction for pursuing novel series of structures that interact with targets, often at multiple sites on a given target
- Industrial-scale capabilities can process dozens of screening campaigns on a yearly basis
- Output is easily integrated into discovery programs for medicinal chemistry optimization, including structure-based design
Achievements and PartnershipsWe have demonstrated our success both internally and with external partnerships by tackling some of the most difficult, intractable targets such as:
- protein:protein interactions (PPI),
- antibacterial targets,
- ubiquitin ligases, and
- epigenetic targets
Within three years of being founded, X-Chem has established collaborations with some of the leading pharmaceutical companies in the world, including but not limited to F. Hoffmann-LaRoche Ltd. and AstraZeneca AB. X-Chem also maintains partnerships with several academic centers and institutions.
We invite you to contact us to learn more about our innovative strategies for small molecule discovery and discuss how we can collaborate.
Richard W. Wagner, Ph.D.
Founder and CEO, X-Chem, Inc.