Associate Director, Alliance Management
Job Type: Full Time
Description: X-Chem is seeking a highly motivated Associate Director, Alliance Management to manage and drive service collaborations and alliances. As a member of the Alliance Management team the candidate will work in close partnership with clients as well as X-Chem Scientific Management and Business Development to manage collaborations, oversee project plans with corresponding timelines and milestones, identify risks, align project objectives and strategies and drive successful execution of projects. The position will be located in Waltham, MA.
- Builds and maintain relationships across X-Chem teams and with external partners and clients from pharma, biotech, academic labs, and other contract research organizations.
- Actively works with project teams, collaboration steering committee members, business development and scientific management to meet project milestones and alliance goals.
- Collaborates with project teams, business development, contracts and proposals and finance to ensure compliance to contractual obligations and proactively identify potential deviations from scope.
- Works with internal and external partners to develop agenda and lead governance meetings to develop and further collaborations.
- Collects and compiles project information through various reporting systems and ensures accuracy; communicates appropriately to the internal/external partners to drive project goals, meet obligations on time, and ensure partner expectations are met.
- Evaluates project plans on a routine basis to identify resource / schedule conflicts. Brings these to the attention of Research Management and provides recommendations for decision making.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to ensure long-term success of alliances and partnerships.
- Identifies opportunities for new business through proactive stakeholder management; fosters strong scientific and business relationships at all levels.
- Liaises with Business Development, Contracts and Proposals, Research Operations, finance and other teams to develop processes and match contractual terms with existing internal processes and compliance.
- Partner w/ Scientific Leadership & Management Teams to forecast workload and identify resource needs for discovery research projects and contribute to the annual budgeting process.
- Field and respond to partner requests, inquiries and complaints; identify when escalation or assistance is needed and engage the appropriate colleagues.
- Participate in local/departmental committees and initiatives (i.e., process improvements, harmonization).
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Educated to PhD level, preferably in a scientific or technical field and potentially MBA.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in alliance and/or project management in the biopharmaceutical industry or a contract research organization.
- Experience in a cross-functional leadership role within a drug discovery research organization, including working with technical and administrative staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of preclinical drug discovery research and a sound understanding of the drug discovery and development process.
- In-depth knowledge of emerging technology, trends, methodologies, and resource management principles pertaining to biopharmaceutical drug development.
- Ability to synthesize and concisely articulate technical and scientific methodologies, specifications, and information.
- Strong oral, written and analytical skills exhibiting fluency in relevant scientific fields and biopharmaceutical drug discovery and development.
- Ability to influence and establish effective working relationships in a diverse environment, including the ability to, and collaborators without direct reporting authority.
- Resolve complex issues quickly and make decisions that meet objectives in a collaborative culture.
- Experience in establishing and monitoring short and long-term strategic plans.
- Experience in managing client as well as CRO relationships. Ideal candidates would have some experience in developing, validating, performing cellular assay with a variety of formats such as target degradation, luciferase reporter, cellular proliferation, biomarker-based, NanoBret
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of diplomacy in persuading and influencing a wide variety of people at various levels to achieve results.
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to influence people, solve problems, trouble shoot, think creatively and resolve conflicts.
- Experience working across various departments and functions, including research, finance and business development
- Effective interpersonal and political acumen skills with the ability to cultivate strong collaborative relationships.
- Ability to navigate contractual grey space to negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to change while maintaining timely delivery of project and portfolio goals
Why you should join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Disability, and Basic Life/AD&D Insurance; 401K match; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development; Flexible Spending accounts for both medical and dependent care; social hours and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
Who We Are:
X-Chem is the pioneer in DNA Encoded Libraries also known as DEL. As a privately held drug discovery services organization, our mission is to leverage the X-Chem platform to help create molecules that will improve human health by supporting our customers: Pharmaceutical and Biotech Companies. The Company is headquartered in Waltham, MA with locations in Montreal, London, and Budapest. X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Company: www.x-chemrx.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Position Location: Waltham, MA
- Job Code: AK2201