Associate Director, Contracts and Proposals (Waltham, MA or East Coast Remote)
X-Chem is seeking a candidate for the position of Associate Director, Contracts and Proposals. X-Chem is a drug discovery company that uses DNA-encoded library (DEL) technology to discover leads for therapeutic targets. As a world leader in DEL technology, X-Chem collaborates with numerous pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, resulting in over 85 licensed programs to date.
Responsible for the contracts and proposals process associated with the delivery of X-Chem services. Key business partner to the Business Development, Operations, and Finance organizations.
- Act as the expert and primary interface for all Contracting and Proposals services required by X-Chem customers, ensuring consistency in approach, metrics and format.
- Develop and implement processes that create efficiencies and increase customer satisfaction
- Respond to RFPs and RFIs, develop bids for proposals, statements of work, presentations and other materials that support the Business Development organization
- Participate in strategy calls to discuss customer requirements for incorporation into the final proposal
- Review and challenge input from SMEs to ensure pricing strategy is fit for purpose and compliments the overall operational delivery strategy
- Work with Business Development, Operations, and Alliance Management teams to integrate pricing solutions into proposals and statements of work
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, implementation, reviews and approvals
- Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Support with development and negotiation of MSA
- May participate in bid defense, customer meetings and on task forces as required
- Perform quality control edits on all documents and oversee the finalization of documents and distribution to the customer and internal departments.
- Update and maintain corporate databases as required and ensure accurate information is included in tracking reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Business Management or related field and 5 to 7 years’ experience in Contracts, or Proposals in the Pharma Services industry
- Excellent knowledge of proposals and budget processes and ability to interpret budgets and customer requirements.
- Ability to compose summaries of complex data for presentation to executive team in strategic review meetings
- Excellent analytical skills, oral and written communications, strong attention to detail, prioritization and time management proficiencies
- Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, and changing environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and many details in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Excellent self-motivation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and understanding of costing models.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers.
- Ability to work in a high pressure/ time-sensitive environment including the ability to handle multiple issues on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational agility, negotiation skills, and demonstrated drive for results
Why you should join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, STD/LTD and Life Insurance; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement; Flexible Spending account for both medical and dependent care; weekly social hour; Summer Hours and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
X-Chem is a privately held biotechnology company whose mission is to apply its innovative drug discovery capabilities to the discovery of compounds against novel therapeutic targets. X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code KD02
Position Location Waltham, MA