Back-End Developer (London, United Kingdom)
X-Chem London is seeking a candidate for the position of Back End Developer. This is a remote position.
We are building the first artificial intelligence platform for drug discovery powered by big data. With unique access to chemical libraries of billions of compounds, and world-class machine learning and engineering expertise, we believe we can deliver a transformation in how we discover, analyse and progress drug candidates.
If you are a mission-driven individual who wants to make an impact and who believes in data and AI, then this is for you!
X-Chem London (GlamAI) has a multi-disciplinary team of experts in AI and chemistry and, as part of X-Chem, we have unique access to ultra-large compound libraries. The team has won a number of awards for their research and contributions to the healthcare industry.
We have exciting growth plans, and are looking for a skilled Back-End Developer to join us on our mission!
Working alongside our machine learning, data scientists and engineers, you’ll help us build and scale our state-of-the-art machine learning platform to support our clients.
- Ownership: Can take full ownership of the full development process of a feature: logic, models, resources, API design, TDD and deployment.
- Quality: Take pride in your well-structured code and future-proof architecture.
- Team player: Eager to receive product feedback from users and team members and propose and implement improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 2 years of solid professional programming experience with Python.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work experience with:
- Object-Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
- Client-server environment and knowledge of how API and network-based operations work.
- RESTful API and what a good JSON response/request is.
- Worked experience with Python Flask.
- Working experience with AWS.
Nice to have:
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Lambda functions in AWS
- Experience with Auth systems, JWT Tokens
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, etc)
- Talented, motivated and interesting co-workers.
- Intellectual challenge solving meaningful problems.
- We organize ourselves in groups of small teams and there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- Monthly social activities.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexibility around remote working.
We believe that diversity makes for innovative, exceptional teams. GlamAI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to addressing the diversity and inclusion problem in the tech industry. That starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.