Biochemistry and Biophysics Co-op/Internship
X-Chem Inc applies its innovative DNA-encoded library technology discovery capabilities to the generation of novel small molecule therapeutics. As a co-op in the Biochemistry and Biophysics group at X-Chem Inc, you will have opportunities to learn about our innovative drug discovery technologies, receive training in our standard protocols, and work in the lab on business-critical projects.
- Support programs by executing biochemical assays to determine compound potency and selectivity.
- Learn to design, conduct, and troubleshoot experiments independently and in collaboration with colleagues
- Become familiar with and conduct multiple protein quantification techniques.
- Accurately analyze and record experimental data into the X-Chem database.
- Communicate and present experimental data and analysis to project teams in a timely manner.
- Maintain an organized work area and precise record keeping of daily work in lab notebook.
- Anticipated M.S/M.A in Biochemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, or related disciplines.
- Basic laboratory experience is essential. Candidates interested in the drug discovery process and with additional laboratory experience will be preferred.
- A passion for assay development and execution
- A quick learner with ability to grasp assay techniques
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- A great planner with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to think critically about process inefficiencies and propose solutions
- High energy and commitment to a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Passion for X-Chem and our core values
Why should you join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
X-Chem is a privately held company whose mission is to employ our world-leading drug discovery platform to help create molecules that improve health.
X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code DGCOOP1
Contact Name Human Resources
Position Location Waltham, MA