Front-End Developer (London, United Kingdom)
X-Chem London is seeking a candidate for the position of Front End Developer. This is a remote position.
We are building the first artificial intelligence powered platform for drug discovery. By integrating large data, domain expertise and AI, we believe we can deliver a transformation in how we discover, analyse and test drug candidates.
If you are a mission-driven individual who wants to make an impact and who believes in data and AI, get in touch!
X-Chem London (GlamAI) has a multi-disciplinary team of experts in AI and chemistry and, as part of X-Chem, we have a unique access to ultra-large compound libraries. The team has won a number of awards for their research and contributions to the healthcare industry.
We have exciting growth plans, and are looking for a skilled Front-End Developer to join us on our mission!
Working alongside our machine learning, data scientists and computational chemists, you’ll develop, implement and test machine learning models for chemistry. From helping us test and advance the state-of-the-art to developing scalable ML infrastructure, performance and scalability are key to our success.
- Create robust & scalable front-end interfaces using React
- Planning & implementing tests to maintain front-end integrity
- Enhancing existing code to bring it in line with modern standards
- Identifying & implementing new front-end technologies
- Applying industry best practice to the code base
- Work and follow designs and UI/UX guidelines, leveraging repositories of React
- Support resolution of production issues
- Three years of commercial front-end development experience
- A degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in HTML, CSS, JS, React and Node.js.
- Solid understanding of React.JS fundamentals, including Hooks, JSS
- Solid understanding of Modern JS (arrow functions, de-structuring, promises etc)
- Familiarity with scalable front-end development (performance, modular code, testing
- Demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment
- Understanding of UX and UI principles
- Experience with full-stack development.
- Experience with user research & UX design.
- Talented, motivated and interesting co-workers.
- Intellectual challenge solving meaningful problems.
- We organize ourselves in groups of small teams and there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- Monthly social activities.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexibility around remote working.
We believe that diversity makes for innovative, exceptional teams. GlamAI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to addressing the diversity and inclusion problem in the tech industry. That starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.