Human Resources Generalist
X-Chem is seeking candidates for the position of Human Resources Generalist in its corporate Human Resources Department. This role will work under the direction of the Human Resources Director to ensure all the needs of the human resources department are met. This position is ideal for someone interested in joining a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- Provide a trusted first line HR support for employees in functions including, but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, benefits and compensation, employee relations, performance management, compliance, and training.
- Assist in the implementation and interpretation of HR practices, policies and procedures.
- Support the HR Director in seamlessly implementing HR and organizational objectives.
- Work with HR team globally to analyze trends and metrics and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to affect continual improvement in efficiency.
- Participate in electronic systems implementation and administration, including HCM system, policies management system, and emergency notification system.
- Ensure compliance to human resources policies and procedures as well as state and federal requirements.
- Maintain human resources files and records.
- Perform recruiting and onboarding activities.
- Benefits administration; and assist in the coordination of annual benefits open enrollments.
- Administer and report on leaves of absence, disability, FMLA, MA PFML, workers compensation, COBRA, federal and state reporting requirements, and employment verifications.
- Prepare and facilitate the termination process and exit interviews.
- Prepare reports to support business initiatives and management team.
- Participate in audits as necessary.
- Assist in updating and maintaining employee handbook
- Work closely with HR Director and the Accounting and Finance Department to facilitate annual processes to include year-end performance and variable compensation management, promotions, compensation and surveys, and talent review.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field with at least 2-4 years experience, SHRM certification a plus
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, tech savvy and the ability to work with different digital solutions
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to multi-task/prioritize
- Experience with recruiting, onboarding, compensation and benefit administration
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Respect for others and a desire to work as a team
Why you should join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Disability, and Basic Life/AD&D Insurance; 401K match; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development; Flexible Spending accounts for both medical and dependent care; social hours and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
Who We Are:
X-Chem is the pioneer in DNA Encoded Libraries also known as DEL. As a privately held drug discovery services organization, our mission is to leverage the X-Chem platform to help create molecules that will improve human health by supporting our customers; Pharmaceutical and Biotech Companies. The Company is headquartered in Waltham, MA with locations in Montreal, London, and Budapest. X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position Location: Waltham, MA
Job Code: CK2201