Inside Sales Specialist
We are seeking an Inside Sales Specialist to be located remotely in the U.S. The Sales Specialist is responsible for driving sales and serving as the point of contact for all sales customer inquiries. The Sales Specialist administers the sales process for sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. The role involves generating qualified sales leads while guiding customers to X-Chem products and services that best meet their needs.
The following are responsibilities related to the Inside Sales Specialist:
- Drive customer follow-up and identification of opportunities.
- Point of contact for customer inquiries and outbound prospecting.
- Establish new customers in collaboration with our Business Development team.
- Establish productive relationships with new customer accounts
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to drive product and services promotions and provide feedback on ROI.
- Share customer feedback with relevant departments to address needs and perceptions
- Attend tradeshows and aid in coordination of events, presentations and support needs of Business Development.
- Participate in BD and Sales meetings as required.
- Complete all required sales documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintain a Salesforce database via updates to sales opportunities, sales stages, marketing statuses, and customer intelligence data.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Inside Sales Specialist position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or technical field required. Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years of successful sales experience with a technical life science product or in drug discovery services preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- Outstanding listening, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types.
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process, and solutions using X-Chem’s services and products.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with Salesforce or a similar CRM database a plus.
- Strong business sense, instinct, and personal drive.
- Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales performance metrics through personal contribution and teamwork
Up to 10% travel required. Flexible working environment and use of home office is standard. Light physical activity performing nonstrenuous daily activities.
X-Chem is a privately held company whose mission is to employ our world-leading drug discovery platform to help create molecules that improve health.
X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: SH05
Position Location: Remote, U.S.