IT Systems Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
X-Chem is in need of a motivated IT Systems Analyst to provide support throughout our user base. This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of a growing department supporting a dynamic organization that is playing a key role in the biotech industry. The IT Systems Analyst will be responsible for providing high quality IT support and service to scientific and operational colleagues across the business. This candidate should be able to work as part of an IT team while also working with numerous stakeholders and leadership teams on a daily basis. This position will be involved with assisting in configuring laptops, provisioning users access in various applications and work on break/fix user reported issues. The candidate will provide input in to the evolution of the systems and improvement of the user experience.
Daily Job Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality, responsive IT support to X-Chem staff both on-site and remotely
- New hire deployments, PC refresh deployments, phones and A/V meeting room and virtual conference support.
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems within our ticketing platform, SysAid.
- Participate in office reorg/expansion projects and help with desk setups and ensure network connectivity is maintained for office desk and labs.
- Complete initial enrollment in and provide support for our multifactor authentication infrastructure
- Building, implementing, maintaining and administering end user compute devices and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Using innovative methods and technologies to identify and solve problems related to performance, reliability and availability of systems.
- Duties will include troubleshooting and support of MS Windows, Office365 and MS Office Suite products including Outlook email and calendar issues, a variety of 3rd party software applications, internally developed applications, hardware issues, coordinating laptop repairs via vendor warranty, imaging, data wiping, asset control, and detailed ticket documentation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA/BS with IT Support and customer service experience, ideally within the Biotech field
- Good understanding of IT service management concepts e.g. ITIL
- Advanced level of technical understanding and demonstrated knowledge of MS Windows (XP10) Operating Systems and MS Office (especially Excel)
- Ability to create, maintain and follow support documents including SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), technical configurations, design and validation documents
- Capable of working with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization
- Clear and logical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting issues
- Strong ability to balance and manage priorities of multiple tasks to ensure timely delivery
- Self-starter and able to successfully work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and listening) and relationship skills
- Ability to work independently as well as to be a team player
- Comfortable working in a dynamic role and open to continuous growth and evolution of responsibilities
Why should you join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, STD/LTD and Life Insurance; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement; Flexible Spending account for both medical and dependent care; weekly social hour; Summer Hours and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
X-Chem is a privately held biotechnology company whose mission is to apply its innovative drug discovery capabilities to the discovery of compounds against novel therapeutic targets. X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, stock option incentives, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code AD01
Contact Name MHuman Resources
Position Location Waltham, MA