IT Systems Analyst
X-Chem is searching for a motivated IT Systems Analyst to provide L1/L2 support throughout our user base. This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of a growing department supporting a dynamic organization across multiple countries that is playing a key role in the biotech industry. This candidate should be able to work as part of an IT team while also working with numerous stakeholders and leadership teams daily. The IT Systems Analyst will be responsible for providing high quality IT support and service to operational, scientific, and lab-based colleagues.
Daily Job Responsibilities
- Provide high quality, responsive IT support to local X-Chem staff but also be part of a wider virtual IT and Service desk team providing support across multiple countries
- New hire deployments, PC refresh deployments, phones and A/V meeting room and virtual conference support.
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Install and configure software applications and updates including for lab-based equipment
- Identify and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems and log efforts within our ticketing platform, SysAid.
- Participate in office reorg/expansion projects and help with desk setups ensuring consistent network connectivity for offices, cube desks, and labs.
- Liaise with a wide variety of hardware & software vendors to understand equipment and software capabilities, management and patching requirements, and software update and patching cycles.
- Complete initial enrolment in and provide support for our multifactor authentication infrastructure
- Building, implementing, maintaining and administering end user compute devices and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Using innovative methods and technologies to identify and solve problems related to performance, reliability, and availability of systems.
- Generate status reports for management review
- Work closely with science teams to understand and become familiar with lab-based equipment
- Duties will include troubleshooting and support of MS Windows, Office365 and MS Office Suite products including Outlook email and calendar issues, a variety of 3rd party software applications, internally developed applications, hardware issues, coordinating laptop repairs via vendor warranty, imaging, data wiping, asset control, and detailed ticket documentation.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS, or equivalent work experience, with a background in IT Support and customer service, ideally within the Biotech field
- Good understanding of IT service management concepts e.g., ITIL
- Advanced level of technical understanding and demonstrated knowledge of MS Windows (XP-10) Operating Systems and MS Office (especially Excel)
- Ability to create, maintain and follow support documents including SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), technical configurations, design, and validation documents
- Capable of working with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization
- Clear and logical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting issues
- Strong ability to balance and manage priorities of multiple tasks to ensure timely delivery
- Self-starter and able to successfully work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and listening) and relationship skills
- Ability to work independently as well as to be a team player
- Comfortable working in a dynamic role and open to continuous growth and evolution of responsibilities
Why you should join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Disability, and Basic Life/AD&D Insurance; 401K match; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development; Flexible Spending accounts for both medical and dependent care; social hours and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
Who We Are:
X-Chem is the pioneer in DNA Encoded Libraries also known as DEL. As a privately held drug discovery services organization, our mission is to leverage the X-Chem platform to help create molecules that will improve human health by supporting our customers: Pharmaceutical and Biotech Companies. The Company is headquartered in Waltham, MA with locations in Montreal, London, and Budapest. X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Company: www.x-chemrx.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Location: Waltham, MA
- Job Code: AD2202