Lab IT Systems Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
X-Chem is in need of an experienced Lab IT Systems Analyst to provide support for lab-based IT systems, our inventory of laboratory devices, PCs and the accompanying scientific software applications. This candidate should be able to work as part of an IT team while also working with numerous stakeholders and leadership teams, including Scientists, Facilities Management and the Scientific Computing team on a daily basis. The candidate will help in the evolution of the products and improvement of the user experience.
The Lab IT Systems Analyst will liaise with scientific stakeholders to understand current lab processes, gather requirements for new equipment and software, identify opportunities for improvement and deliver recommendations. They will be responsible for building collaborative working relationships across the scientific groups, equipment suppliers and with IT and Scientific Computing teams.
Daily Job Responsibilities:
- Install and support lab-based Scientific and IT software application installations and updates.
- Deploy new and upgraded hardware, peripherals and accessories including
- Standard build PCs for instrument pairing
- Vendor supplied PCs for lab instrument control and data acquisition
- Instrument specific IO devices
- Uninterruptible Power Supply units (UPS)
- Complete system requirements gathering for all systemic changes for new lab equipment and specialist scientific software and execute changes within agreed timelines.
- Work close with vendors and colleagues to understand and document equipment data interfaces, databases, transfers and formats and that they are communicated to and understood by all parties.
- Liaise with vendors of lab equipment (i.e., HPLC, LC/MS, etc.) and software to understand equipment and software capabilities, management and patching requirements, and software update and patching cycles.
- Act as the IT team specialist on lab-based software products
- Complete audit of all Lab PCs confirming entry in Asset Management system, are configured for correct VLAN and identify key applications for each. Coordinate all Lab applications maintenance and upgrades.
- Retire and dispose of End of Life assets according to company SOPs.
- Document activities per GxP standards where required. Capture support contact info and necessary device characteristics and update the IT support system’s CMDB. Outline workflows that produce data.
- Coordinate any warranty and non-warranty software updates, upgrades, and fixes with suppliers
- Issue response and management through ticketing systems, adhering to the established processes and provide 1st/2nd-level support and basic technology consulting
- Assist in the overhauling of the backup procedures needed for the Lab PCs and the associated data.
- Troubleshoot application and system problems and take corrective actions. This would include ongoing maintenance and optimization.
- Determine documentation requirements and produce documentation as required in support of baseline and project activities.
- Support goals by participating on project teams. Deliver on assigned tasks and action items. Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Generate status reports for management review
- Train on SOPs and LOS training in support of the laboratory environment.
- Available for on-call support on rotation basis
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree majoring in a core science field with IT Support experience or one with a BS/BA in Computer Science who has exposure to supporting lab environments in their past.
- IT experience in a chemical or biological laboratory setting, preferably in a biotech environment.
- Advanced level of technical understanding and demonstrated knowledge of MS Windows (XP-10) Operating Systems and MS Office (especially Excel).
- Basic knowledge of network technologies, IT infrastructure components and technologies; i.e., virtualization, VDI, VLANs, data protection.
- Solid understanding of system lifecycle methodology.
- Strong ability to balance and manage priorities of multiple tasks to ensure timely delivery.
- Self-starter and able to successfully work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and listening) skills
- Ability to work independently as well as to be a team player.
- Technical understanding and demonstrated knowledge of laboratory processes.
- Validation knowledge (e.g. 21 CFR Part 11).
- Comfortable working in a dynamic role and open to continuous growth and evolution of responsibilities
- Working conditions
- Work requires going into laboratory environment(s). Training is required to do so.
- Physical requirements
- Requires lifting and transport of PCs, monitors, and accessories.
Why should you join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, STD/LTD and Life Insurance; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement; Flexible Spending account for both medical and dependent care; weekly social hour; Summer Hours and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
X-Chem is a privately held biotechnology company whose mission is to apply its innovative drug discovery capabilities to the discovery of compounds against novel therapeutic targets. X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, stock option incentives, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code AD02
Contact Name Human Resources
Position Location Waltham, MA