Manager, Alliance Management
X-Chem is a drug discovery company that uses DNA-encoded library (DEL) technology to discover leads for therapeutic targets. As a world leader in DEL technology, X-Chem collaborates with numerous pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, resulting in over 85 licensed programs to date.
At X-Chem, we are seeking a highly motivated Research Alliance Manager to drive external partnerships and alliances. As a member of the Alliance Management team the candidate will work in close partnership with Scientific Management and Business Development to establish collaborations, create project plans with corresponding timelines and milestones, align project objectives and strategies and drive successful execution of projects. The position will be located in Waltham, MA.
- Builds and maintain relationships across X-Chem teams and with external partners. External partners may include pharma, biotech, CROs, academic labs, X-Chem spin-out companies or other discovery technology partners.
- Actively works with project teams, collaboration steering committee members, business development and management to identify strategies to ensure long term, expanding partnerships including identifying opportunities for new business, deepening scientific relationships and identifying decision making champions in collaborator companies.
- Liaise with Business Development, Legal, Research Operations and other teams to develop processes and match contractual terms with existing internal processes and compliance.
- Collects and compiles project information through various reporting systems and ensures accuracy; communicates appropriately to the internal/external partners to drive our science and meet obligations on time.
- Evaluates project plans on a routine basis to identify resource / schedule conflicts. Brings these to the attention of the Research Strategy and Executive Team and provides recommendations for decision making.
- Partner w/ Scientific Leadership & Management Teams to forecast workload and identify resource needs for research projects and contribute to the annual budgeting process.
- Works with internal and external collaborators to develop agenda and lead governance meetings to develop and further collaborations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated strategic leadership, planning and change management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of diplomacy in persuading and influencing a wide variety of people at various levels to achieve results.
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to influence people, solve problems, trouble shoot, think creatively and resolve conflicts.
- Advanced financial expertise in accounting, budget planning, and financial forecasting.
- Effective interpersonal and political acumen skills with the ability to cultivate strong collaborative relationships.
- Ability to navigate contractual grey space to negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Expert analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to change while maintaining timely delivery of portfolio goals
- Educated to PhD level, preferably in a scientific or technical field and potentially MBA
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in alliance management and/or business development in the biopharmaceutical industry or a major research university. Candidates without a PhD but with relevant experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience in a cross-functional leadership role within a drug discovery research organization, including working with technical and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience in all technical aspects of preclinical drug discovery.
- Understanding of discovery and development stage program design
- In-depth knowledge of emerging technology, trends, methodologies, and resource management principles pertaining to biopharmaceutical drug development.
- Ability to synthesize and concisely articulate technical and scientific methodologies, specifications, and information.
- Advanced oral, written and analytical skills exhibiting fluency in relevant scientific fields and biopharmaceutical drug discovery and development.
- Ability to influence and establish effective working relationships in a diverse environment, including the ability to motivate and mentor faculty, staff, and collaborators without direct reporting authority.
- Resolve complex issues quickly and make decisions that meet objectives in a collaborative culture.
- Experience in establishing and monitoring short- and long-term strategic plans
- Experience managing CRO relationships.
Why should you join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Disability, and Basic Life/AD&D Insurance; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement and professional development; Flexible Spending accounts for both medical and dependent care; weekly social hour; Summer Hours and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
X-Chem is a privately held biotechnology company whose mission is to apply its innovative drug discovery capabilities to the discovery of compounds against novel therapeutic targets. X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: AK2101
Position Location Waltham, MA