Research Associate, Library Synthesis
Job Type: Full-Time
X-Chem is seeking a candidate for the position of Research Associate, Library Synthesis in its Discovery Chemistry group. X-Chem is a drug discovery company that uses DNA-encoded library (DEL) technology to discover leads for therapeutic targets. As a world leader in DEL technology, X-Chem collaborates with numerous pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, resulting in over 70 licensed programs to date.
- High-throughput, on-DNA reaction validation
- Reaction optimization of on-DNA chemistry
- Library synthesis for DNA-encoded-libraries (DELs)
- Creation of SOPs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Requirements for the position include a BS or MS in Chemistry or related subject, with 1-3 years of laboratory experience in an industrial or academic setting.
- Experience in organic synthesis.
- Needs to be well organized and detail oriented.
- Needs to be able to multitask and set prioritizations to meet timelines.
- Needs to have excellent communication skills and the ability to present to external partners.
- Needs to be meticulous with their documentation and data handling.
- Needs to be able to work in a team environment.
- Working familiarity with LCMS is highly valuable.
- Knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques is desired but not required.
- Experience with automation is a plus as well but not necessary.
Why you should join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, STD/LTD and Life Insurance; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement; Flexible Spending account for both medical and dependent care; weekly social hour; Summer Hours and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
X-Chem is a privately held biotechnology company whose mission is to apply its innovative drug discovery capabilities to the discovery of compounds against novel therapeutic targets. X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code CB01
Contact Name Human Resources
Position Location Waltham, MA