Research Scientist (Montreal, Canada)
IntelliSyn (a Montreal-Canada based subsidiary of X-Chem) is a growing, innovative company with capabilities including medicinal chemistry, custom synthesis and scale-up process chemistry supporting lead optimization through candidate identification. Backed by a widely published scientific leadership team with over 20 years of experience in major pharma driving drug discovery, results include over 100 patents, 17 compounds advanced to IND-enabling tox, and 7 compounds reaching Phase I or beyond.
IntelliSyn is seeking a candidate for the position of Research Scientist. The Research Scientist will work independently within a project team structure, design and execute synthetic routes and troubleshoot when needed.
- Perform design and synthesis of novel target molecules as part of a project team
- Plan effective, well-designed routes and reaction design on challenging targets
- Solve reaction issues using extensive mechanistic and physical organic understanding
- Carry-out troubleshooting and optimize reaction sequences
- Complete ELN and project documents on time with no technical or scientific errors
- Prepares reports and patents drafts
- Participate in project team meetings
- Act as a mentor to junior colleagues
- Prepare summary documents and presentations to chemistry, project teams
Skills and Qualifications
- Requirements for this position include a Ph.D. in organic, bioorganic, or medicinal chemistry or a related field, with 0-5 years of post-doctoral experience
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry
- Thorough mechanistic understanding and demonstrated expertise in more complex heterocyclic and organometallic synthesis, total synthesis, transitional metal catalysis, etc.
- Demonstrated laboratory proficiency
- Experience with the operation of standard laboratory instrumentation (e.g. NMR, MS, automated chromatography), and data analysis
- Able to work within a team structure and effectively communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Strong research track record as evidenced by a strong publication and/or patent record
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and constantly seeking creative solutions to challenging problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Why you should join us:
IntelliSyn offers competitive compensation and benefits package in order to support our people. Benefits we offer include: medical, dental, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, and a retirement plan with employer match, 3 weeks paid vacation and paid end of year shutdown, social hours and company events.
Job Code INT2101
Contact Name Human Resources
Position Location: Montreal, Canada