Research Scientist – DNA Encoded Library Development
Job Type: Full-Time
X-Chem is seeking a candidate for the position of Research Scientist in DNA Encoded Library Development. X-Chem is a drug discovery company that utilizes a world class DNA-encoded library (DEL) platform with over 100 libraries comprising more than 250 billion DNA-tagged compounds to discover leads for therapeutic targets. Additional expertise in medicinal chemistry and machine learning also facilitate these endeavors. X-Chem collaborates with numerous pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, resulting in over 90 licensed programs to date.
- Conceptualize new DNA encoded library schemes and validate their synthetic feasibility via on-DNA development work
- Optimize novel on-DNA chemical reactions
- Communicate observations, interpretations and conclusions internally and externally
- Work closely with members of other disciplines within a matrixed organizational structure
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Requirements for this position include a PhD in organic chemistry, or a related field, with 0-2 years of research experience in the pharma/biotech sector
- The successful candidate will have a broad experience in organic synthesis with a demonstrated track record of success
- Experience in chemical biology or with a DNA encoded library platform is a plus but not required
- Scientists who are creative problem solvers and are ready for an innovative and dynamic work environment are encouraged to apply
Why you should join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Disability, and Basic Life/AD&D Insurance; 401K match; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development; Flexible Spending accounts for both medical and dependent care; social hours and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
Who We Are:
X-Chem is the pioneer in DNA Encoded Libraries also known as DEL. As a privately held drug discovery services organization, our mission is to leverage the X-Chem platform to help create molecules that will improve human health by supporting our customers: Pharmaceutical and Biotech Companies. The Company is headquartered in Waltham, MA with locations in Montreal, London, and Budapest. X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position Location: Waltham, MA
Job Code: RF2201