Job Type: Full-Time
X-Chem Pharmaceuticals is seeking candidates for the position of Research Scientist, Lead Discovery. XChem is a drug discovery company that uses DNA-encoded library (DEL) technology to discover leads for therapeutic targets. As a world leader in DEL technology, X-Chem collaborates with numerous pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, resulting in over 70 licensed programs to date.
- Determine suitability of constructs for affinity-mediated discovery processes.
- Use X-Chem’s DNA-Encoded Chemical Library technology to support a range of external projects.
- Take a principal role in the interpretation of selection output data.
- Communicate observations, interpretations and conclusions internally and externally.
- Lead projects executed by cross-disciplinary teams to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results.
- Identify, evaluate and demonstrate additional technology development opportunities. Work closely with members of other disciplines within a matrixed organizational structure.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Requirements for this position include a PhD in biochemistry, chemistry, or a related field, with at least 3 years of experience with an affinity-based drug discovery technology such as DNAencoded chemistry, SELEX, mRNA Display etc.
- Industry experience with small molecule drug discovery is also desirable.
- The candidate should also have experience of molecular biological techniques including PCR, electrophoresis, ligation, affinity chromatography, high-throughput sequencing etc. and have the ability to independently troubleshoot.
- Attractive candidates will have a demonstrated track record of high quality and timely data generation, excellent communication skills, and should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-oriented small biotech company on large numbers of projects simultaneously.
- Candidates without a PhD but with extensive relevant experience are also encouraged to apply.
Why should you join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, STD/LTD and Life Insurance; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement; Flexible Spending account for both medical and dependent care; weekly social hour; flexible remote working options and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
X-Chem is a privately held company whose mission is to employ our world-leading drug discovery platform to help create molecules that improve health.
X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code JGP01
Contact Name Human Resources
Position Location Waltham, MA