Senior Research Associate/Research Scientist – Biochemistry & Biophysics
X-Chem is a drug discovery company that uses DNA-encoded library (DEL) technology to discover leads for therapeutic targets. As a world leader in DEL technology, X-Chem collaborates with numerous pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, resulting in over 85 licensed programs to date.
X-Chem is seeking candidates for a full-time position of Research Scientist, Biochemistry & Biophysics. The position is responsible for developing Biochemical and Biophysical assays for screening and characterizing small molecules as an essential part of partnered drug discovery campaigns.
- M.S or higher degree preferred, with degree of study in biochemistry, biology, chemical biology, or equivalent
- 2-5+ years of industry experience or postdoctoral working on small-molecule drug discovery programs
- Ability to independently develop, analyze and troubleshoot biochemical assays (FRET, FP, AlphaScreen/LISA, ADPGlo)
- Familiarity with protein characterization techniques (size exclusion chromatography, dynamic light scattering, DSF, TSA)
- Ability to balance multiple projects at different stages
- Exceptional communication skills, and ability to present data within the company and to multiple worldwide partners
- Adept at working within a cross-functional scientific team, and to deliver project data within timelines
- Demonstrated track record of high quality and timely data generation
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve problems as part of a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, research team
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Attention to detail, commitment to quality and team player mentality is a must
- Experience with biophysical methods, such as SPR, for determining small molecule affinity to protein targets is a plus
- Experience with DNA-encoded library platforms is a plus
Why should you join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Disability, and Basic Life/AD&D Insurance; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement and professional development; Flexible Spending accounts for both medical and dependent care; weekly social hour; Summer Hours and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
X-Chem is a privately held biotechnology company whose mission is to apply its innovative drug discovery capabilities to the discovery of compounds against novel therapeutic targets. X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: DG2103
Position Location Waltham, MA