Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist – Discovery Chemistry
Job Type: Full-Time
X-Chem Pharmaceuticals is seeking a candidate for the position of Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist, Discovery Chemistry. X-Chem is a drug discovery company that uses DNA-encoded library (DEL) technology to discover leads for therapeutic targets. As a world leader in DEL technology, X-Chem collaborates with numerous pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, resulting in over 70 licensed programs to date.
- Use X-Chem’s DNA-Encoded Chemical Library technology to support a range of external projects.
- Analyze data and design compounds to support lead generation and/or hit-to-lead efforts across partner projects.
- Demonstrate project leadership for partner projects across a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Communicate observations, interpretations and conclusions internally and externally.
- Work closely with members of other disciplines within a matrixed organizational structure.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Requirements for this position include a PhD in organic chemistry, or a related field, with 0-5 years of research experience in the pharma / biotech sector.
- The successful candidate will have a broad experience in modern medicinal chemistry with a demonstrated track record of success. Familiarity with lead generation, fragment-based discovery, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization is required.
- Experience in array synthesis or with a DNA encoded library platform is a plus but not required.
- Scientists who are ready for an innovative and dynamic work environment are encouraged to apply.
Why you should join us:
X-Chem offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer includes: 100% Paid Medical, Dental, STD/LTD and Life Insurance; 12 Paid Holidays; 22 days PTO; Tuition Reimbursement; Flexible Spending account for both medical and dependent care; weekly social hour; Summer Hours and company events. Our work environment includes casual dress, bike storage, free parking, and wellness perks.
X-Chem is a privately held biotechnology company whose mission is to apply its innovative drug discovery capabilities to the discovery of compounds against novel therapeutic targets.
X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, stock option incentives, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code CHP01
Contact Name Human Resources
Position Location Waltham, MA