Delivering Feasible Candidates With Decades of Experience and a Proven Track Record of Client Success
With a leadership team boasting >25 years of experience in large pharmaceutical companies, X-Chem is the medicinal chemistry partner with the expertise to propel your drug discovery. We have filed over 100 patents and published more than 65 scientific papers. Our impressive track record includes 17 compounds reaching IND-enabling toxicology studies and seven compounds progressing to Phase I clinical trials or beyond.
in Large Pharma
A Talented Team With Cutting-Edge Capabilities
X-Chem’s medicinal chemists are comprised of 80% Ph.D. scientists from prestigious universities across North America and Europe. Equipped with expertise in natural product synthesis, organometallics and asymmetric catalysis, our team of over 75 synthetic chemists is ready to tackle your most challenging projects.
Our state-of-the-art infrastructure includes:
- 3 high-field NMR instruments
- Chiral/preparative SFC systems
- Dedicated purification and analytical labs
- An internal inventory of >16,000 reagents
- A vast array of computational chemistry tools
Hit → Lead → Candidate Services to Unleash Your Full Potential
Quality-Driven Approach: Designing Success Into
When you partner with X-Chem, expect a relentless focus on quality and efficiency. We consider key anti-targets, selectivity criteria and the IP landscape to develop screening cascades that maximize speed, efficiency and translational validity. Our team designs your synthetic targets based on strong hypotheses, incorporating physical properties and druggability, rather than potency alone.
How we optimize your hit → lead → candidate journey:
- Prioritizing high passive permeability and solubility
- Minimizing transporter interactions and metabolism issues
- Assessing potential genotox issues, reactive metabolites and selectivity relative to hERG, CYPs and relevant anti-targets
- Driving potency optimization based on therapeutically relevant pharmacological parameters — not just EC50 or IC50
- Maximizing the free drug concentration and duration at the site of action, aligning with target-specific PK/PD strategies
Partner With X-Chem for Quality-Driven Medicinal Chemistry
At X-Chem, we believe that success stems from a commitment to quality and multiparameter optimization. Partner with us and experience our unwavering dedication to ensuring the highest quality in progressing from hit → lead → candidate.