Optimize your Med Chem and Maximize your drug candidate odds with X-Chem
X-Chem’s medicinal chemistry team is composed of hit-to-lead experts who can help you in all facets of drug discovery — from target identification to successful candidate. Led by a team with decades of experience in drug lead optimization, our med chem group knows how to maximize the odds of delivering feasible candidates.
We know that successful medicinal chemistry is not about chasing potency — it requires a relentless focus on quality for all hit and lead components. So, our philosophy is to design quality into your program from the very beginning:
- Focus early on physical properties and druggability (not just potency!)
- Assure high passive permeability and high solubility
- Minimize transporter interactions and metabolism
- Eliminate genotox, reactive metabolite formation and off-target activity, including subtype, hERG and CYP P450s
- Drive potency optimization with the most therapeutically relevant pharmacological parameters (not just EC50 or IC50)
- Maximize the free drug concentration and duration at the site of action, align with the target-specific PK/PD strategy
We have found that success comes from drug lead optimization that is defined by an unrelenting focus on quality through the multiparameter scoring of all drug-like properties. Our impressive track record demonstrates the soundness of such a rigorous approach to computational chemistry: We have delivered seven clinical candidates to our clients, including three in 2021 alone.
If your drug discovery program could benefit from high-quality hit-to-lead optimization, consult with the experts at X-Chem.
You may also like…
X‑Chem’s DNA-Encoded Library (DEL) Platform Enables the Discovery of Lead-Like Molecules for Medicinal Chemistry Progression
Discovery of Novel, Potent Inhibitors of Hydroxy Acid Oxidase 1 (HAO1) Using DNA-Encoded Chemical Library Screening X-Chem’s DNA-encoded library (DEL)…